CaramelsEl invitado de invierno
Werthers step aside, with this recipe for Caramels you can make your own buttery caramel candies at home. Made with a mixture of heavy cream, butter, sugar, and corn syrup, these caramels are flavored with just a splash of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Refrigerate the caramel candy in a rectangular pan overnight and sliced with a greased knife the next day. Individually wrap the caramel candies in parchment paper and enjoy their smooth caramel flavor whenever you want!
- vegetable oil
- 500 milliliters heavy cream
- 400 grams superfine sugar
- 60 grams butter
- 300 milliliters corn syrup (or molasses)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Grease a 20 by 35 centimeter baking dish with oil. Line with lightly oiled parchment paper
- 2In a high-sided saucepan, add the heavy cream, sugar, butter, and liquid glucose on high heat. Once it comes to the boil, lower the heat to medium high.
- 3Using a candy thermometer, remove from heat once the temperature reaches 120 degrees Celsius.
- 4Quickly stir in the vanilla and a pinch of salt. Mix well and pour into the baking dish. Smooth out the top and refrigerate overnight.
- 5The next day, turn the pan upside down to release the caramels and peel off the parchment paper. Using a knife lightly greased with a paper towel dipped in oil or butter, cut into 2-centimeter squares and wrap them in parchment paper.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.