Here's a delightful topping for yogurt, ice cream, or other desserts, or a sweet snack for eating out of hand. Walnuts are called for here, but you can swap them out with pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, and other types of nuts. You can also scale up the…
recipe to make a big batch for storing in an airtight container at room temperature, or for serving to a crowd at a cocktail party.
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup walnuts (halved)
- In a thick bottomed casserole, add the sugar and water.
- Cook on medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Stir constantly until sugar caramelizes. Remove from the heat.
- Mix in the nuts, and stir well.
- Remove the nuts from the pan and place on a piece of parchment paper to cool.
- Serve with natural Greek yogurt and other desserts and favorites.