Caramelized WalnutsO Meu Tempero
Here's a delightful topping for yogurt, ice cream, or other desserts, or a sweet snack for eating out of hand. Walnuts are called for here, but you can swap them out with pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, and other types of nuts. You can also scale up the recipe to make a big batch for storing in an airtight container at room temperature, or for serving to a crowd at a cocktail party.
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup walnuts (halved)
- 1In a thick bottomed casserole, add the sugar and water.
- 2Cook on medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- 3Stir constantly until sugar caramelizes. Remove from the heat.
- 4Mix in the nuts, and stir well.
- 5Remove the nuts from the pan and place on a piece of parchment paper to cool.
- 6Serve with natural Greek yogurt and other desserts and favorites.