Caramelized PearsAs receitas lá de casa
Pears are always an elegant option for entertaining, and this recipe is no exception. Here, the pears are quartered and caramelized with buter, honey, and brown sugar until nicely browned and incredibly fragrant, then sprinkled with raisins and coarsely ground walnuts and doused with port wine. You could just as easily serve the pears as a side dish for roast poultry or pork, or as dessert, dolloped with whipped cream.
- 5 pears (Rocha)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons walnuts (coarsely ground)
- 3 tablespoons raisins (seedless)
- 2 glasses port wine
- 1Peel and quarter the pears.
- 2In a frying pan, melt the butter on low heat and add the honey.
- 3Add the pears, sprinkle with brown sugar and coat in the mixture of butter and honey.
- 4Let the pears cook on low heat, turning them over occasionally. Let them brown slightly.
- 5Add the walnuts and raisins.
- 6Sprinkle with the Port wine and remove from heat.
- 7Place in serving container.