Pears are always an elegant option for entertaining, and this recipe is no exception. Here, the pears are quartered and caramelized with buter, honey, and brown sugar until nicely browned and incredibly fragrant, then sprinkled with raisins and coar…
ely ground walnuts and doused with port wine. You could just as easily serve the pears as a side dish for roast poultry or pork, or as dessert, dolloped with whipped cream.
- 5 pears (Rocha)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons walnuts (coarsely ground)
- 3 tablespoons raisins (seedless)
- 2 glasses port wine
- Peel and quarter the pears.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter on low heat and add the honey.
- Add the pears, sprinkle with brown sugar and coat in the mixture of butter and honey.