Caramelized Onion, Mushroom, and Poblano Pepper LasagnaMadeleine Cocina
Can you believe something so delicious is only 180 calories? This Caramelized Onion, Mushroom, and Poblano Pepper Lasagna recipe will melt in your mouth. Don't believe us? Try it for yourself. This is one of our favorite recipe. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating so others can follow along. We hope you love this Caramelized Onion, Mushroom, and Poblano Pepper Lasagna recipe as much as we do! Happy Cooking!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 yellow onion (cut into thin half-moons)
- 200 grams mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- ground black pepper
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups poblano chilies (in strips)
- milk (optional)
- 8 sheets pasta (ready-to-use lasagna)
- 1/4 cup blue cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2In a hot skillet, add the olive oil and onion over medium heat and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally until it begins to caramelize.
- 3Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Add the wine and continue cooking until the liquid has evaporated almost completely. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 4Blend the cottage cheese and the poblano chili strips together to obtain the texture of a sauce. If needed, add a splash of milk. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 5Assemble the lasagna by pouring some of the sauce in a glass baking dish, then adding the first layer of pasta, then onions, then more sauce on top of that, then blue cheese (optional) and mozzarella. Repeat the process. The final layer will be pasta with the remainder of the sauce and mozzarella on top.
- 6Bake for 20 minutes until the surface is golden brown.
- 7Let the lasagna cool for 15 minutes before cutting, then serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories180Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.