These burgers are stuffed with goat cheese and topped with caramelized onions for an indulgent and savory meal. Since these are served without a bun, they make for a low-carb dinner. The burgers come together in a little over an hour, and at just un…
er 500 calories they make for a good choice if you are watching you diet. Try them served with some grilled vegetables or a green salad for a balanced dinner.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- balsamic vinegar
- 500 grams ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ground black pepper
- goat cheese
- Add the oil to a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute for 6 minutes.
- Add the sugar and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Add a splash of vinegar to add acidity to the dish, if desired. Remove the onions from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the beef, egg, garlic, a pinch each of oregano, salt, and black pepper, and a small amount of breadcrumbs, such as a tablespoon. Mix well with a fork.
- Form the hamburgers by placing a small amount of the meat mixture on a cutting board or parchment paper and flatten, such as with a plate. Add a sliver of goat cheese and the onion mixture to the middle.
- Cover with more ground beef mixture and seal on all sides
- Grill the hamburgers on very low heat, about 5 to 8 minutes per side (5 minutes for rare; 8 minutes for well done).
- Raise the heat to high and cook on each side for another minute or two until browned.
|Calories410Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.