Caramelized Garlic and Goat Cheese TartEl invitado de invierno
Full of savory, sweet, and creamy flavors, this Caramelized Garlic and Goat Cheese Tart will steal the show at your next brunch. Caramelized in a mixture of honey, sherry vinegar, and thyme, the caramelized garlic cloves and a sweet and savory flavor to this rest of this creamy goat cheese tart. Make your own pie crust or use a premade one. You do need to blind bake the crust before filling in order to not get a soggy bottom.
- 1 pie crust (frozen)
- 3 garlic (medium, heads)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 8 ounces water
- 2 pinches thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 grams goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams sour cream
- 50 grams heavy cream
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Bake the pie crust 12 minutes then set aside to cool.
- 3Separate and peel all the garlic cloves from the head.
- 4Set a pot of water to boil. Once boiling, add all the garlic cloves at once and let blanch 3 minutes. Drain.
- 5Add the olive oil to a skillet on high heat. Add the garlic and saute about 2 minutes.
- 6Add the vinegar, honey, water, thyme, and salt to the skillet. Simmer on low heat until the water evaporates out let leave a few minutes longer until the garlic starts to change color. Set aside.
- 7Crumble the goat cheese over the pie crust.
- 8Add the garlic with its juices to the pie and level out the top making sure not to smash any of the garlic.
- 9Whisk together the eggs, sour cream, heavy cream, and salt to taste. Pour this over the tart and beat the pan against the counter a few times to make sure the liquid makes it all the way to the bottom.
- 10Bake 35 minutes until set and golden.
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.