Full of savory, sweet, and creamy flavors, this Caramelized Garlic and Goat Cheese Tart will steal the show at your next brunch. Caramelized in a mixture of honey, sherry vinegar, and thyme, the caramelized garlic cloves and a sweet and savory flavor to this rest of this creamy goat cheese tart. Make your own pie crust or use a premade one. You do need to blind bake the crust before filling in order to not get a soggy bottom.
- 1 pie crust (frozen)
- 3 garlic (medium, heads)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 8 ounces water
- 2 pinches thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 grams goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams sour cream
- 50 grams heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bake the pie crust 12 minutes then set aside to cool.
- Separate and peel all the garlic cloves from the head.
- Set a pot of water to boil. Once boiling, add all the garlic cloves at once and let blanch 3 minutes. Drain.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet on high heat. Add the garlic and saute about 2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, honey, water, thyme, and salt to the skillet. Simmer on low heat until the water evaporates out let leave a few minutes longer until the garlic starts to change color. Set aside.
- Crumble the goat cheese over the pie crust.
- Add the garlic with its juices to the pie and level out the top making sure not to smash any of the garlic.
- Whisk together the eggs, sour cream, heavy cream, and salt to taste. Pour this over the tart and beat the pan against the counter a few times to make sure the liquid makes it all the way to the bottom.
- Bake 35 minutes until set and golden.
|Calories390Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.