Make this for any upscale function that you host. These appetizers will have your guests buzzing with excitement. Featuring caramelized beets (sweet enough even for those who don’t normally like them), mint, cheese, and nuts, each serving will draw exclamations of praise. Serve with a variety of salad dressings to please even the most discerning pallets. The recipe is easy to follow, and you can multiply it to make enough for a large gathering without any trouble.
- 4 beets (young)
- 1 orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (balsamic date)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 30 grams almonds
- 2 blood orange
- 100 grams feta cheese
- fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (dates)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (mandarin)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Peel the beets, wash, and dry with a paper towel. Cut in 2 or 4 pieces depending on the size.
- For the marinade, in a bowl, mix orange juice, honey, balsamic date vinegar, oil, and salt.
- In an oven pan covered with parchment paper, spread the marinade on the beets, bake for 20 minutes at 200 C, basting regularly with the baking juices. Reduce heat to 150 C, bake 15 more minutes.
- Let cool.
- To cut the blood orange supremes, peel the oranges, then slide the blade of a small knife between each membrane to remove each quarter.
- Cut the almonds in 2 with a knife.
- Crumble feta cheese roughly.
- To prepare the dressing, mix together balsamic date vinegar and mandarin olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- With a large brush, take some of the beet stock, and draw a line in the center of the plate along the entire length.
- On the line, place 2 pieces of beets, some blood orange supremes, chunks of feta cheese, a few almonds, and some chopped mint.
- Add salad dressing to taste.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.