If your sweet tooth is calling and you want to answer it with a delicious and decadent dessert that is out of this world, then this recipe for Caramelized Apricots with Whipped Cream, Cream Cheese and Spice Cookies is the treat you have been searching for. This dessert will melt in your mouth and leave you guests wanting more. This dessert is best served with a tall glass of ice cold milk. You will fall head over heals for this one.
- 200 milliliters whipping cream (at least 35% milk fat, very cold)
- 250 grams cream cheese
- 30 milliliters honey
- 100 grams speculoos cookies (crushed, or other spiced cookies)
- 8 apricots
- 1/2 lime
- 20 grams butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Beat the cream cheese with honey and slowly fold into whipped cream.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and add the cookies.
- Refrigerate for 5 more minutes.
- To store for later use, freeze in a sealed plastic container.
- To prepare the apricots, halve and remove pit.
- Heat butter, sugar and juice of 1/2 lime in a saucepan.
- Add apricots to the saucepan and caramelize over low heat.