Caramel and Popcorn EclairOn dine chez Nanou
Eclairs and popcorn – a new twist on two old favorites. Get ready for an explosion of flavors – milk chocolate, caramel, and cream. This will make you smile. Popcorn sitting on top, giving it a festive party sort of feel. Bring these out and watch your crowd go wild. Who needs to go out to the movies? Just cuddle up with a warm blanket, choose a movie, and get ready for a fantastic time.
- 290 grams milk chocolate (chopped)
- 120 grams caramels (sticks, such as Carambar candy)
- heavy cream (30 cl., 30% fat minimum)
- 240 grams butter (room temperature)
- 260 grams water
- 160 grams milk
- 4 grams salt
- 8 grams vanilla extract (liquid)
- 256 grams granulated sugar
- 160 grams flour
- 280 grams eggs
- 40 grams corn syrup
- 1First, prepare the filling.
- 2Chop the chocolate with a knife and put in a medium-sized bowl.
- 3In a large saucepan melt the caramels with the cream.
- 4When the mixture is quite hot, pour it over the chocolate. Mix.
- 5Allow the mixture to cool before adding 80 grams of butter.
- 6Put the ganache into a piping bag with a 0.5 tip, store in a cool place for it to harden a bit before filling the éclairs.
- 7Then, prepare the eclairs.
- 8Boil 160 grams of water, milk, salt, vanilla extract, 6 grams of granulated sugar, and 180 grams of butter in a saucepan .
- 9Off the heat add flour all at once.
- 10Mix, then put back over heat until the mixture comes away from the sides of the pan (after about 1 minute). Move the dough to a large bowl.
- 11Add the eggs one by one, rapidly mixing between each. Only add the next one if the latter is completely incorporated into the dough.
- 12Use a pastry bag (1 centimeter diameter tip) to shape eclairs 11 centimeter long on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Your éclairs will rise during cooking so be sure to space them enough. Using a wet fork lightly scratch over the entire length so that they rise evenly.
- 13Heat oven to 250 degrees Celsius. When the oven is hot, put the eclairs in and turn it off for 10 minutes. Then, turn it back on to 160 C for 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the éclairs.
- 14Let them cool on a rack.
- 15Once the eclairs are cool, poke 2 holes, either at each end or under.
- 16Garnish the eclairs with a filling using a piping bag.
- 17Finally, prepare the icing.
- 18Mix 250 grams of granulated sugar and 100 grams of water and bring to a boil.
- 19Add corn syrup and heat until you get a caramel hue.
- 20Dip the eclairs in very carefully to avoid burns.
- 21Decorate immediately with popcorn.
- 23Eclairs don't keep very well as they tend to soften quickly, so I advise you to eat them the very same day.
PER SERVING *
|Calories300Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.