This dessert is the perfect combination of flavors and textures. With crisp, buttery shortbread, sweet, sticky caramel, and rich, dense chocolate these are delectable and satisfying treat. Through a little labor-intensive, these bars are well worth it. These make a great treat to bring along to a dinner party or celebration, but to be honest they are great just on a Friday night for a special treat.
- 150 grams all-purpose flour
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 150 grams butter (softened)
- 120 milliliters condensed milk (sweet)
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey (such as acacia)
- 200 grams milk chocolate
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar and butter with your fingertips. You must obtain the consistency of a "pâte sablee", a "sandy dough". In a buttered dish, preferably rectangular, pour in this mixture and spread evenly. Bake for 20 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a saucepan, mix the condensed milk, the brown sugar, and the honey and boil. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes without stirring. Remove the caramel from heat and mix with a spoon: the mixture should be thickened. Pour the caramel over the shortbread base and put it in the refrigerator once the caramel has cooled.
- Melt the milk chocolate in a double boiler and pour it over the caramel.
- Once the chocolate has hardened , cut the preparation in squares.
- It should be eaten at room temperature if you prefer a melting caramel, or chilled for a harder caramel.
PER SERVING *
|Calories960Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.