If you are searching for a sweet and savory adult snack, then try this recipe for Caramel Oranges. The recipe calls for Grand Marnier, so if you decide to make the adult version, please take precautions. Make sure to plan ahead of time to create these sweet treats for your next dinner party with friends. We hope you and your friends enjoy them as much as we do. Happy cooking!
- 225 grams sugar
- 6 oranges
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier (optional)
- cinnamon stick (optional)
- 2 anise (stars, optional)
- Put the sugar in a saucepan and heat gently until it becomes a light caramel.
- Add 2 large glasses of boiling water to dilute it. Heat slowly until the caramel is completely dissolved and forms a coloured syrup.
- Add the spices, if desired.
- Finely peel 2 oranges, avoiding the white skin as much as possible.
- Cut the peel into thin strips and set aside.
- Then, remove the white skin from the oranges. Place the oranges and the zest in the caramel and cook over low heat for 25-30 minutes, turning the oranges regularly until they are tender but still retain their shape.
- Put the syrup and the oranges in a bowl. Add the liquor and let cool. Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled.