If you want a sweet treat that you can make for a whole group of people, then try this Caramel-Nut Tart recipe, which makes 30 servings. It takes 85 minutes to prepare these delicious desserts that are only 140 calories per serving. This recipe combines salty and rich nuts with sweet buttery goodness. These are perfect for the next holiday party. We hope everyone enjoys these sweet treats as much as we do.
- 190 grams flour
- 20 grams corn starch
- 1 pinch salt
- 90 grams confectioners sugar
- 35 grams hazelnuts (grounded)
- 130 grams butter (chilled)
- 1 eggs (50 grams)
- 60 grams hazelnuts
- 60 grams walnuts
- 60 grams almonds
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- whipping cream (20 cl.)
- Sift the flour, cornstarch, salt and sugar.
- Add ground hazelnuts.
- Add the butter cut into small pieces and knead with your hands.
- Add the egg (beaten in a small bowl).
- Form a ball with all these ingredients, wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least for 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator 10 minutes before working on it.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface, line a tart dish or tartlett tins.
- Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Let the pie crust rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the pie crust from the refrigerator and place a sheet of parchment paper and dried beans or pie weights.
- Blind bake for twenty minutes, or until golden.
- 3 minutes before the baking's end, remove the paper and weights.
- Let the pie crust cool before using it.
- Grind the nuts putting them in a closed freezer bag and mashing them with a rolling pin on your worktop.
- Toast the nuts in a pan for 3-4 minutes, watching closely not to burn them.
- In a saucepan, pour the sugar and heat to obtein a golden caramel (not too dark).
- Remove from heat, and add nuts. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add the whipping cream and stir for 3-4 minutes over low heat until fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture over the pastry shell, the caramel will thicken as it cools.
PER SERVING *
|Calories140Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.