Caramel-Nut TartOn dine chez Nanou
If you want a sweet treat that you can make for a whole group of people, then try this Caramel-Nut Tart recipe, which makes 30 servings. It takes 85 minutes to prepare these delicious desserts that are only 140 calories per serving. This recipe combines salty and rich nuts with sweet buttery goodness. These are perfect for the next holiday party. We hope everyone enjoys these sweet treats as much as we do.
- 190 grams flour
- 20 grams corn starch
- 1 pinch salt
- 90 grams confectioners sugar
- 35 grams hazelnuts (grounded)
- 130 grams butter (chilled)
- 1 eggs (50 grams)
- 60 grams hazelnuts
- 60 grams walnuts
- 60 grams almonds
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- whipping cream (20 cl.)
- 1Sift the flour, cornstarch, salt and sugar.
- 2Add ground hazelnuts.
- 3Add the butter cut into small pieces and knead with your hands.
- 4Add the egg (beaten in a small bowl).
- 5Form a ball with all these ingredients, wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least for 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- 6Remove the dough from the refrigerator 10 minutes before working on it.
- 7Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface, line a tart dish or tartlett tins.
- 8Prick the bottom with a fork.
- 9Let the pie crust rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- 10Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- 11Remove the pie crust from the refrigerator and place a sheet of parchment paper and dried beans or pie weights.
- 12Blind bake for twenty minutes, or until golden.
- 133 minutes before the baking's end, remove the paper and weights.
- 14Let the pie crust cool before using it.
- 15Grind the nuts putting them in a closed freezer bag and mashing them with a rolling pin on your worktop.
- 16Toast the nuts in a pan for 3-4 minutes, watching closely not to burn them.
- 17In a saucepan, pour the sugar and heat to obtein a golden caramel (not too dark).
- 18Remove from heat, and add nuts. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- 19Add the whipping cream and stir for 3-4 minutes over low heat until fully incorporated.
- 20Pour the mixture over the pastry shell, the caramel will thicken as it cools.
PER SERVING *
|Calories140Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.