- 2/3 cup salted butter (chopped)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- caramel (Filling)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (chopped)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup (or corn syrup)
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/3 cups hazelnuts (toasted)
- 7 ounces dark chocolate (melted, cooled)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease an 8 x 12 inch cake pan and line the base and long sides with parchment paper.
- Combine the salted butter and cocoa in a medium saucepan and stir over low heat until smooth. Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, eggs and flour; mix well. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 mins. Allow to cool in the pan.
- For the caramel filling, combine the unsalted butter, sugar, syrup and condensed milk in a medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until butter has melted. Increase the heat to medium and simmer, stirring, for 13 mins, or until mixture is a dark caramel color.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the hazelnuts. Quickly spread the caramel filling evenly over the cake. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins, or until firm.
- Combine the chocolate and oil in a small bowl, then spread over the caramel filling; refrigerate until set.
- Cut into squares to serve.
|Calories670Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat380|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.