The perfect pudding for two, this caramel croissant pudding is full of rich melty caramel flavor. A variant of the classic bread pudding, this pudding is made with croissants for a lighter texture. A bourbon whiskey caramel sauce is poured over the croissants and left to soak and then baked for 20 minutes for a delicious pudding that will have you scraping the sides of your bowl clean. For a non-alcoholic version, substitute vanilla extract for the bourbon whiskey.
- 3 croissants
- 100 grams cane sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 125 milliliters heavy cream
- 125 milliliters milk
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey (for a non-alcoholic version you can substitute 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly grease a 500-milliliter capacity oven-proof dish.
- Tear the croissant into pieces and lay them in the dish.
- Place a heavy-bottomed pot on low flame and add the cane sugar and water, stirring until dissolved. Then raise the heat and let bubble for 3 to 5 minutes, not stirring until it turns a deep amber color.
- Lower the heat to the lowest setting and stir the cream into the caramel, followed by the milk and bourbon or vanilla.
- Remove from heat and stir in the beaten eggs.
- Pour this mixture over the croissants and let them sit for 10 minutes to soak it up.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until you see all the liquid has solidified.
PER SERVING *
|Calories860Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.