Calling all custard lovers, this coconutty caramel dessert is for you. All the ingredients can be thrown into a mixer and all that is required is a jello mold. A perfect dessert for your next big party.
- 0.5 liters milk
- 125 grams white sugar
- 200 milliliters cream
- 2 tablespoons caramel syrup
- 24 grams cheese curd
- 150 grams grated coconut
- caramel syrup (to taste)
- grated coconut (to taste)
- Combine the milk, sugar, cream, caramel syrup, and cheese curd in a mixer and blend until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Heat the mixed ingredients over medium to low heat for about 9 minutes, stiring occasionally.
- Once the ingredients are heated, add the grated coconut and cook for another minute, stirring well.
- Pour the ingredients into a chilled jello mold, preferably metallic.
- Allow the mix to cool slightly, and then refrigerate until it is time to serve.
- To remove it, place the mold in hot water for about 30 seconds.
- Once it is removed and on the plate, decorate the dish to taste with the extra caramel syrup and grated coconut.
Allison W. 27 May 2015
I've always tried to stray away from making Jello Molds. Especially for parties, I didn't want to bring something I thought would be a potentially bland dessert. This one is anything but bland and boring. It is delicious and sweet. The caramel syrup is sweet and works with the creaminess of the mold. The grated coconut makes the mold look very professionally done.