- 6 ounces milk chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 12 caramels (soft)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 4 ounces white chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 10 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 2 1/2 teaspoons powdered gelatin (dissolved according to package instructions)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with paper liners.
- For the batter, melt the milk chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Beat the butter, vanilla extract, sugar and a pinch of salt with the whisk of a mixer until creamy. Beat in the eggs one at a time then stir in the melted chocolate. Sift in the flour and baking powder and stir to combine. Spoon into the paper liners and press a caramel into the center of each. Bake for 30 mins and cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for the frosting, heat 1/4 cup cream in a saucepan. Remove from the heat, add the white chocolate and stir until melted. Allow to cool. In a bowl, beat the mascarpone, triple sec and 2 tbsp sugar until smooth. Beat the remaining cream until it forms stiff peaks and fold it into the mascarpone mixture, along with the white chocolate mixture and the gelatin. Chill until the frosting begins to set then transfer to a piping bag fitted with a large star nozzle.
- To serve, remove the cupcakes from the paper liners and swirl some of the frosting on each.
|Calories500Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.