- Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 stick Crisco Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening (cut into slices, OR 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening)
- 3 large eggs (separated)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Smucker's Caramel Flavored Topping
- 1/2 cup Smucker's Orchard's Finest Coastal Valley Peach Apricot Preserves
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Adjust rack to middle position. Coat two baking sheets lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT brown sugar and shortening in medium bowl with mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes or until fluffy. Add egg yolks, water, vanilla and salt. Beat until well combined. Add flour on low speed until well blended.
- BEAT egg whites in shallow bowl until foamy. Place pecans in separate shallow bowl. Measure about two teaspoons dough for each cookie. Form into balls by rolling between your palms. Dip each dough ball into egg whites, then roll into pecans. Place on prepared baking sheet. Using back of teaspoon or your thumb, make rounded indentation in top of each cookie.
- BAKE 10 minutes. Remove from oven. It may be necessary to create the indentation again with spoon. Place about 1/2 teaspoon caramel topping into indentation of each cookie. Then place about 1/2 teaspoon preserves on top of caramel. Bake additional 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for several minutes. Remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
|Calories180Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.