- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter (chilled, diced)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- apple (Caramel, filling)
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup (can substitute light corn syrup)
- 14 ounces apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (whipped)
- shaved chocolate (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease eight 1/2 cup dariole molds.
- To make the crust: Place the flour, butter and powdered sugar in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the cream and process until a dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 20 mins.
- Roll out the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper until it is 1/8 inch thick. Line the dariole molds with the dough, trimming the edges. Prick the dough with a fork and chill for 15 mins.
- Bake the crusts for 12-15 mins, until crisp and golden. Allow to cool in the molds for 5 mins before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the condensed milk, butter and golden syrup. Stir over low heat for 4-5 minutes, until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the apple pie filling.
- Fill the crusts with the apple mixture. Top with whipped cream and shaved chocolate to serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories490Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.