Carambar-Filled Chocolate MuffinsLolibox
Imagine biting into a soft, warm chocolate muffin and finding a chewy, caramel, French candy center. Carambars have a distinct caramel flavor, it is thicker than most, and evokes a Wintertime feel for these muffins; but, chocolate muffins are great any time of year. After mixing the chocolate muffin batter, layer your muffin tray with one spoonful of batter, ½ of a Carambar candy, and another layer of chocolate batter. The candy will melt into the surrounding chocolate and you will have a sweet, chewy chocolate treat in under 20 minutes.
- 150 grams chocolate
- 120 grams sugar
- 120 grams butter
- 120 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- caramel candies (or carambars)
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Melt the chocolate in a water bath.
- 3Mix sugar and butter until creamy.
- 4If necessary, put in the microwave a few seconds at 100W.
- 5Add the flour, baking powder, and eggs.
- 6Stir in the melted chocolate.
- 7Place a spoonful of batter in the bottom of the molds.
- 8Add 1/2 caramel candy and cover with batter.
- 9Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.