Ground almonds are incorporated into this sweet cake, lending earthy nuttiness. Fresh-squeezed lemon juice and lemon zest temper the sweetness of white chocolate and limoncello in the ultra-citrusy dessert. Use a springform pan if at all possible, a…
it will yield the best results. Once the cake is baked and cooled completely, a light shower of powdered sugar is all it requires.
- 250 grams white chocolate
- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams almonds
- 150 grams sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 lemons
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup limoncello
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter.
- Beat the eggs with half of the sugar until light and foamy.
- Grind the almonds finely with the other half of the sugar.
- In a bowl, combine the almond and sugar mixture with the grated lemon peel, lemon juice, limoncello liqueur, and the chocolate melted with the butter, and mix all these ingredients well.
- Last, add the egg and sugar mixture by folding it in very carefully.
- Pour the batter in a 22 centimeter cake pan, a springform pan is best, which has been previously buttered and floured.
- Bake the cake for approximately 45 minutes.
- If after 30 minutes the surface is browning too much, cover it with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Cool the cake completely, remove it from the pan and serve sprinkled with powdered sugar.
|Calories1340Calories from Fat820|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat820|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.