Puff pastry and chocolate are all you need to make these delectable rolls, plus powdered sugar for dusting just before serving. You can use whichever type of chocolate you like best--milk chocolate, bittersweet, or ultra-dark chocolate will all work, though the darker is usually the better. Be sure to buy a bar of chocolate so you can break off the squares for layering on the dough pieces, as they will hold their shape during baking while also melting just enough.
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 block chocolate
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Unroll the pastry and cut into 8 rectangles.
- On each rectangle, place 2 squares of chocolate at one end. Roll up the pastry with the chocolate inside.
- Line a cake pan with baking paper and arrange the rolls. Bake for 20 minutes, or until brown.
- Leave to cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.