Coffee lover? Try this airy cappuccino mousse. Uniquely, cottage cheese is blended together with the vanilla powder, coffee, and sweetener of your choice. The sour flavor of cottage cheese cuts through the bitterness of coffee. Vanilla powder is a softer flavor than vanilla extract and prevents the mixture from becoming too liquidly. Agar and milk are heated and quickly thicken enough to give the mousse it’s exclusive texture. Chill before serving and for an added touch, place a small buttered biscuit in each mousse.
- 200 grams cottage cheese
- coffee (10 cl.)
- artificial sweetener (Hermesetas, or other, to taste)
- vanilla powder
- skimmed milk (15 cl.)
- 2 grams agar
- Put the cottage cheese, coffee, Hermesetas, and vanilla powder in the blender and mix.
- Heat the milk with the agar. Bring to a boil.
- Wait 1 minute before adding it in the blender. Mix again.
- Pour the mixture into ramekins and let cool.