- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso granules
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 packages cream cheese (3 ounces each, softened)
- 1/2 cup butter (or margarine, softened)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high speed until creamy. Add sugar gradually with mixer running and beat
- 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium and add eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each addition.
- Stop and scrape bowl. Dissolve instant espresso in milk. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Turn mixer to low and add a third of the flour mixture alternately with half of the milk
- mixture, mixing 15 seconds after each addition.
- Spoon batter into 8 greased and floured custard cups. Place cups on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until
- toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean. Remove from custard cups and cool on wire rack. Top with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Place cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 6 and beat 2 minutes. Stop and scrape bowl.
- Sift powdered sugar into bowl. Turn to Speed 2 and beat 30 seconds, just until combine. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed 6 and beat 2 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use.