Candy Cane CookiesOn dine chez Nanou
Imagine this: the aesthetic of a classic candy cane combined with the buttery, chewy texture of a freshly baked sugar cookie. This simple recipe puts a creative twist on a holiday treat we all know and love. Four simple ingredients combine and become a nostalgic experience in just over an hour. Be sure to make two batches, because these tasty ornaments won't be hanging on your Christmas tree for long!
- 230 grams butter (softened)
- 340 grams flour
- 150 grams sour cream
- granulated sugar
- 1Mix the butter, flour, and cream together to make a smooth dough.
- 2Divide the dough in two and add the red dye to one of the half. You can either knead with the food processor, or do it manually but I recommend the use of disposable gloves if you don't want to get red fingers!
- 3Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- 4Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 5Pour some granulated sugar in a deep plate.
- 6On a floured countertop, roll out each dough to a thickness of 1/2 centimeter so they have the same shape.
- 7Overlap them.
- 8Cut strips of about 1.5 centimeters wide and 8 centimeters long.
- 9Turn them together so they twist, and form the curve of the cane.
- 10Rub them with granulated sugar.
- 11Place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- 12Bake for 10 minutes and put them into the plate with the caster sugar and let them cool on a rack .
PER SERVING *
|Calories80Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.