Candied bacon. Enough said.
- 12 ounces bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and place a roasting rack on top. Lay another sheet of tinfoil over the rack, and poke multiple holes through it with a fork.
- Arrange the bacon strips onto the roasting rack.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, maple syrup, a pinch of black pepper, and a dash of cayenne to form a thick syrupy paste.
- Use the back of a spoon to spread half the sugar mixture in a thin layer over each bacon strip. Flip the strips and spread the remaining sugar mixture over the opposite sides.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven
- Roast the bacon for 22-30 minutes, until it is deep brown and the sugar is caramelized. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the bacon. Keep a close eye on it after the 22 minute mark, to ensure it does not burn.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Transfer the bacon strips to a cooling rack or large cutting board. Allow to cool for 3 -5 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories300Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Eden Klinger 3 Sep
The bacon is amazing. Had to replace the maple syrup with honey but added water and it was fine. Super tasty and helps me make a killer BLT.
Stokes 22 Jul
Recipe needs to only be used with thick cut bacon and 20 minutes is way too long. Bacon was burnt within 10 minutes