These cinnamon candied almonds are a spicy, sweet snack found at Christmas markets in Germany. Flavored with cardamom, cinnamon, cocoa, and vanilla, not only do they make a delicious, healthy snack, but they're also surprisingly quick and easy to make.
This recipe is much simpler than the traditional German holiday market recipe and does not involve cooking hot sugar on the stove top. Instead, the raw almonds are coated with a cinnamon sugar mixture and simply toasted in the oven at medium heat. Even beginning cooks will be able to put together this nut recipe.
Equipment And Prep Time
You don't need any special kitchen equipment to make these candied nuts. They have just nine ingredients, and all of them are easy to find. Most of them are probably already in your kitchen…
In addition to being easy, the prep time is minimal as well. The baking time is just 20 minutes and with time to let them cool completely, the total time you need to make them is around an hour. When you're done, the only thing these nuts need to stay fresh and crisp is an airtight container.
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 egg white
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa (sweet ground)
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raw almonds
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a layer of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Mix the cardamom, egg white, brown sugar, cocoa, white sugar, vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons cinnamon, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl.
|Calories280Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.