- 10 slices canadian bacon (about 1/8-inch thick, about 10 ounces)
- 1 eggplant (large, about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (part-skim)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- Wash eggplant; pare if desired; cut off stem and blossom end. Cut lengthwise into 10 thin slices. Brush slices lightly with oil and saute a few at a time in a 10-inch frypan until tender. Set aside.
- Measure 1 tablespoon of oil into frypan; stir in flour, add milk; cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Season with pepper and nutmeg. Combine ricotta cheese and parsley. Lay one slice of bacon on each eggplant slice. Lap on small eggplant slice over a larger slice. Spoon a rounded tablespoon of cheese over eggplant and bacon. Roll around cheese and place seam-side-down in an 11x7-inch baking dish. Pour sauce over eggplant rollups. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.