- 1 pound ground pork (Or Bulk Pork Sausage)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper (Chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion (Chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (Minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (Chopped)
- 10 3/4 ounces tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- packaged pizza crust (12-Inch)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (Shredded)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (Shredded)
- 1/4 cup onion (Chopped)
- 6 ounces Canadian-style bacon
- 8 fresh mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced (Into Rings)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (Chopped)
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add 1/3 cup chopped green pepper, 1/2 cup chopped onion, garlic and parsley cook, stirring frequently until tender. Add the next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread sauce over pizza crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges. Combine cheeses; sprinkle half of cheese over pizza sauce.
- Combine ground pork and 1/4 cup chopped onion in a skillet; cook over medium heat until meat is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well on paper toweling. Spoon half of pork mixture onto pizza.
- Layer Canadian-style bacon, mushrooms slices and green pepper rings on top of pizza. Sprinkle with the remaining ground pork and chopped red pepper. Bake in a 450 degree F. oven for 10 minutes. Top with the remaining shredded cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes.