These "baskets" are a lovely way to serve cheese and fruit, and would be wonderful at a dinner party. Look for filo dough in the freezer case of your local supermarket and thaw according to package instructions, making sure it's at room temperature before you begin. You'll also want to use a good quality raspberry jam (or use your own favorite fruit flavor), since it is integral to the outcome.
- 1/2 package phyllo pastry
- 6 slices camembert
- 6 teaspoons raspberry jam
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- About 30 minutes before using, remove the pastry from refrigerator.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry and cut into 9 squares.
- Overlap 3 squares in small pans or ramekins.
- Cut camembert slices into pieces and arrange on the bottom of each basket.
- Place raspberry jam in the middle of each basket.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of the jam.
- Bake for 10 minutes.