Puff pastry stars filled with the most amazing melted cheesy bit of gooey goodness and a sharp apple and walnut chutney.
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 camembert (round of)
- 1 jar chutney (your choice, I used apple and walnut chutney)
- egg (beaten)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and then dust the surface you are working on with a quick shake of flour and place one sheet of puff pastry on top.
- Beat the egg and brush it liberally onto your pastry. Don’t throw the egg wash away -you’ll need it a bit later.
- Cut your cheese into twelve bite sized chunks. This will only use about half the round of Camembert – save the rest for crackers!
- Place about half a teaspoon of chutney on your egg washed sheet of pastry and then place a chunk of the cheese on top of that..
- Place the second sheet of pastry on top of the first one. Then using a star-shaped cookie cutter cut out twelve stars.
- Bake until golden brown and delicious – about twenty minutes and then bite into the most amazing melted cheesy bit of gooey goodness. ENJOY!
- For a picture step-by-step guide visit http://fudgingood.wordpress.com/2014/11/09/camembert-stars/