You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe for Camarga Black Rice with Monkfish and Prawns in Lemon Sauce . This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 180 grams black rice
- 300 grams monkfish (cut in small squares)
- 8 prawns
- 40 grams butter
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- fish broth
- black ground pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Boil rice in fish broth.
- Use a little more than triple the amount of broth than rice.
- Cook over medium heat for 40 minutes.
- Turn off heat, cover, and let it stand for five minutes.
- For the lemon sauce, in a saucepan. heat butter and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter until it starts boiling. Set aside. Heat oil in a skillet and fry prawns and monkfish.
- Season with salt.
- To serve, use a plating ring, adding rice first, then monkfish and prawns.
- Pour lemon butter over the top.