You will love the grilled flavor of these delicious chops. The marinade is made with basic ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Serve chops with steamed green beans, rice, and corn bread.
- 4 New York (top loin) pork chops (about 4 ounces each, 3/4-inch thick)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a self-sealing plastic bag; seal bag and refrigerate for 4-24 hours. Remove chops from marinade; discarding leftover marinade.
- Grill chops quickly over indirect heat in covered grill about 8-9 minutes, turning once to brown both sides until internal temperature on a thermometer reads followed by a 3-minute rest time.