- 2 cups sushi rice (dry California Calrose)
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar (divided)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (low-sodium)
- 10 ounces imitation crab (or lump crabmeat, torn or chopped into small bite size pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups English cucumber (diced)
- 3/4 cup matchstick carrots (roughly chopped)
- 1 nori sheet (chopped or crumbled into small pieces, add more if you'd like)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pickled sushi ginger (chopped)
- 1 avocado (large, peeled and diced)
- toasted sesame seeds (Black and, for garnish)
|Calories490Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
MarkLouise W. 19 Jul 2018
Delicious! The smile on my sushi-loving adult son's face told it all! The sushi rice turned out great & the other ingredients perfectly replicated a California roll. I don't care for spice on my sushi so just barely put a bit of siracha in the mayo (veganaise)-perfect. I'll be making this alot.
Chyna Weldon 29 Oct 2017
Yum! Although I would of loved more spice to my sushi bowl. Next time I’ll add wasabi :)
Amy Lee 22 May 2017
Delicious and easy. Perfect for lunch prep. I've also made this with cauliflower rice for a lower carb option.
Sin 19 Feb 2017
I didn't follow the recipe exactly but I borrowed the concept and everyone really liked my sushi bowl. It is a great alternative compared to expensive take out. I recommend this to anyone who has a craving for California rolls.