- 2 cups sushi rice (dry California Calrose)
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar (divided)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (low-sodium)
- 10 ounces imitation crab (or lump crabmeat, torn or chopped into small bite size pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups English cucumber (diced)
- 3/4 cup matchstick carrots (roughly chopped)
- 1 nori sheet (chopped or crumbled into small pieces, add more if you'd like)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pickled sushi ginger (chopped)
- 1 avocado (large, peeled and diced)
- toasted sesame seeds (Black and, for garnish)
PER SERVING *
|Calories490Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
MarkLouise W. 19 Jul
Delicious! The smile on my sushi-loving adult son's face told it all! The sushi rice turned out great & the other ingredients perfectly replicated a California roll. I don't care for spice on my sushi so just barely put a bit of siracha in the mayo (veganaise)-perfect. I'll be making this alot.
Chyna Weldon 29 Oct 2017
Wasn’t my favorite poke/ sushi bowl. This particular recipe tasted kind of bland and was not as good as the original spicy California roll.
Amy Lee 22 May 2017
Delicious and easy. Perfect for lunch prep. I've also made this with cauliflower rice for a lower carb option.
Sin 19 Feb 2017
I didn't follow the recipe exactly but I borrowed the concept and everyone really liked my sushi bowl. It is a great alternative compared to expensive take out. I recommend this to anyone who has a craving for California rolls.