This cool sandwich gives a great excuse for making a pork roast the night before. Thinly sliced pork is layered with sliced orange and red pepper and topped with a seasoned sour cream sauce. Slices of perfectly ripe avocado can be served alongside or on the sandwich. Serve with fresh veggies and dip.
- 20 slices pork loin roast (cooked, about 1 pound)
- 10 slices sourdough bread (OR rye bread)
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 10 lettuce leaves (large)
- 2 oranges (large, peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and cut into strips)
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons onion (grated)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Spread bread slices with butter; top with 5 lettuce leaves. Arrange orange slices on 5 lettuce-topped bread slices. Top orange with red pepper, then roast pork. In small bowl stir together sour cream, onion, garlic salt and hot pepper sauce. Spoon about 2 tablespoons sour cream sauce over pork layer on each sandwich; top with remaining lettuce leaves and buttered bread slices. Garnish each plate with avocado slices.