This quick stir-fry features spicy Cajun seasoning and crunchy toasted pecans for a pleasingly different flavor profile. Accompany with a fruit salad and crusty French rolls.
- 1 pound pork stir-fry strips (loin, fresh pork leg of tenderloin)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and cut into 3/4-inch squares)
- 3/4 cup pecan halves (toasted)
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In medium bowl toss together pork strips with Cajun seasoning to coat evenly. In large nonstick skillet heat oil over high heat, stir-fry pork until nicely browned, about 4-6 minutes. Add celery, onion and garlic to skillet and cook, stirring often, until onion is almost translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add pecans and cook to heat through. Serve over rice.