- 1/2 pound shrimp (26/30 size, peeled and deveined, tail on)
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (diced into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 turkey sausage (all-natural low-sodium, sliced)
- 1/2 white onion (medium, diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (medium, stem and seeds removed and discarded, diced)
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 1 1/2 tomatoes (medium vine-ripe, cored and diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cajun seasoning (salt-free)
- 1 cup quick cooking brown rice (all-natural)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- olive oil cooking spray
PER SERVING *
|Calories350Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Dave Thomson 25 days ago
Followed the recipe and it’s not cooked at all. Rice is hard. Spoiled the whole meal
Kristin 11 Jul
Really easy and was a big hit
Anderson 5 Jul
These were absolutely great. I made individual packs for my family due to kids with allergies to shrimp. They RAVED about how good they were. This permanently goes on the dinner menu!
Ceara McGhee 2 Jul
this was super easy and 10 times more delicious that i anticipated it to be. my husband and kids couldnt stop "mmm-ing" lol
B 1 Jul
phillips 25 Jun
This was my first attempt at making jambalaya. It was a hit with my family. I loved that I could make it as spicy or mild as I wanted to. Some how I overlooked the instant brown rice and made regular brown rice in the rice cooker first. This worked well also.
munsey wheby 12 Apr
fantastic recipe and easy to make!
Kim L. 11 Apr 2017
The flavor is great. I had to cook it longer (double time) to get the rice finished and it still came out a little undercooked. I think I would put more liquid next time. Everyone in the family liked it. I will make it again sometime.
Cass C. 24 Jul 2016
We surprisingly liked this! We didn't cook it the way it said though. We cooked the meat in a skillet and then added the veggies and cooked the rice in the rice cooker and threw it all together. We also added a cup more rice and next time I wouldn't add the sausage! We also put a lot more Cajun spice on it. It was great! Very flavourful for not having a sauce!
Destiny E. 9 Nov 2015
This is the closest recipe to what I make at home. The only differences aare, I skip the shrimp for my non-seafood eaters and add red and yellow bell peppers for color and crunch! :) I pre-cook long grain white rice and chicken chunks that I have also pre-seasoned and cooked. Spicy is a big hit for me and my family so just a hint of chili powder and a hint of siracha.