With a sassy seasoning rub, this simple pork roast makes supper a bit special. Add Cornbread, steamed broccoli and creamy coleslaw to complete the menu. Plan for some leftover roast for sandwiches tomorrow.
- 3 pounds pork loin roast (boneless)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In small bowl, blend together well-seasoned salt, oregano, pepper, garlic, red pepper, chili powder and cumin. Rub seasoning on all surfaces of pork roast. Place pork in shallow roasting pan and roast 20 minutes per pound, about 1 hour, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes before slicing.