No need for the oven or stovetop for this deliciously seasoned cajun fish with tabasco butter. All of the preparation and cooking can easily be done in the microwave making this a great meal when you are in a hurry or when the house is already too hot to even consider the thought of turning on the oven. Coated in a cajun spice mixture of your own making, your favorite whitefish fillet is microwaved until flaky and then topped with a tabasco butter sauce.
- 30 grams sweet paprika
- 40 grams ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed into a paste, or 2 tsps. garlic powder)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (if using dried, use less)
- 1 lemon
- 2 fillets white fish (a firm, such as halibut, cod, etc.)
- 40 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce
- On a flat plate, mix together the paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, thyme, and lemon zest.
- Dredge the fish through the spices, pressing firmly so the fish is well-coated.
- Place the fish on a microwave-safe dish and microwave on medium heat (600 V) for 6 minutes. Check the fish halfway through to see if it has started to flake. Remove.
- In a small, microwave-safe dish, combine the butter and Tabasco sauce. Microwave a few seconds until the butter is melted.
- Serve the fish with the sauce drizzled on top.
|Calories480Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.