Cajun Fish with Tabasco ButterLA COCINA DE BABEL
No need for the oven or stovetop for this deliciously seasoned cajun fish with tabasco butter. All of the preparation and cooking can easily be done in the microwave making this a great meal when you are in a hurry or when the house is already too hot to even consider the thought of turning on the oven. Coated in a cajun spice mixture of your own making, your favorite whitefish fillet is microwaved until flaky and then topped with a tabasco butter sauce.
- 30 grams sweet paprika
- 40 grams ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cayenne
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed into a paste, or 2 tsps. garlic powder)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme (if using dried, use less)
- 1 lemon
- 2 fillets white fish (a firm, such as halibut, cod, etc.)
- 40 grams butter
- 1 tsp. Tabasco Sauce
- On a flat plate, mix together the paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic, thyme, and lemon zest.
- Dredge the fish through the spices, pressing firmly so the fish is well-coated.
- Place the fish on a microwave-safe dish and microwave on medium heat (600 V) for 6 minutes. Check the fish halfway through to see if it has started to flake. Remove.
- In a small, microwave-safe dish, combine the butter and Tabasco sauce. Microwave a few seconds until the butter is melted.
- Serve the fish with the sauce drizzled on top.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories480Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes