- 1/4 cup coffee grounds (coffee concentrate)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (ground)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 3 pounds boneless chuck eye roast
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- To a blender or food processor, add all the ingredients from the coffee grounds through the cayenne pepper. Blend well for 30 sec.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add canola oil.
- Add 1/2 of seasoning rub to one side of chuck roast, pressing into the meat. Place meat, seasoned side down onto the hot pan.
- Sear for 3 min. adding remainder of seasoning to bare side of chuck roast. Flip roast and sear other side another 3 min.
- Add roast to a 4-quart or larger crock pot. Add beef broth to crock pot, secure lid and turn to high. Cook for 5 hours, meat should be tender and shred easily with 2 forks. Serve with extra drippings.
JB Barron B. 1 Apr
Awsome flavor profile
Bowling 11 Nov 2017
This was quite good. We had it in the crock pot on low for 8 hrs, and it wasn't dry at all. The only thing was that I added the rub after searing because when I tried to sear with the rub, the only thing that got seared was the rub itself.
Emma P. 29 Oct 2017
EXTREMELY dry to the point that it's inedible. This was a waste of the beef I had. The rub was good but the instructions for cooking the meat are WAY off. I would try cooking it on low for less time.