- 1/4 cup coffee grounds (coffee concentrate)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (ground)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 3 pounds boneless chuck eye roast
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- To a blender or food processor, add all the ingredients from the coffee grounds through the cayenne pepper. Blend well for 30 sec.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add canola oil.
- Add 1/2 of seasoning rub to one side of chuck roast, pressing into the meat. Place meat, seasoned side down onto the hot pan.
- Sear for 3 min. adding remainder of seasoning to bare side of chuck roast. Flip roast and sear other side another 3 min.
- Add roast to a 4-quart or larger crock pot. Add beef broth to crock pot, secure lid and turn to high. Cook for 5 hours, meat should be tender and shred easily with 2 forks. Serve with extra drippings.