Enjoy awesome Cajun rice in no time with a little help from Johnsonville. This recipe starts off with the holy trinity of Cajun cuisine: onions, bell peppers, and celery. Throw in your favorite long grain rice and diced tomatoes, add in Johnsonville’s Cajun Style Chicken Sausage, and you’ve got yourself an authentic Cajun dish that’s sure to please.
- 12 ounces Johnsonville® Cajun Style Chicken Sausage links (1 package, sliced)
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 1 green pepper (medium, chopped, about 1/2 cup)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 2 jalapeño peppers (seeded and diced, optional)
- 2 tablespoons Pompeian OlivExtra® Premium blend
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden garlic
- 1 can Tuttorosso® Whole Peeled Plum Tomatoes (28 ounces, drained and diced)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp (thawed and tails removed)
- 2 packages Uncle Ben's® Ready Rice® Original long grain rice
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onion, pepper, celery and jalapeno peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Add sausage and garlic; sauté 1 to 2 longer.
- Add the tomatoes, water, tomato paste and seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and rice; heat through.