- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 75 grams chorizo (cut into small chunks)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (deseeded and sliced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (deseeded and sliced)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (deseeded and sliced)
- 200 grams pasta shapes (dried)
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes
- 480 milliliters chicken stock
- 60 milliliters cream (double, heavy)
- baby spinach (Large handful of fresh)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (fresh, sliced in half)
- 50 grams grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (freshly)
|Calories370Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Greg Newdick 5 months ago
Delicious, I’m quite a beginner yet this is miles better than just using a basic ready made sauce and almost just as easy, good stuff
Luigi Coradduzza a year ago
Great recipe. One of the best pasta recipes ever!
Alexander M. 2 years ago
Really tasty recipe!
Chelsie R. 2 years ago
Get so many compliments with this dish- I love it! Super tasty and filling!!
Woollard 2 years ago
beautiful. added a bit more spice but really nice.
David J. 3 years ago
I had to make a lot of modifications to this recipe for a couple reasons: I do not like to keep halved peppers around for very long, so I had to use three whole bell peppers instead, and could not buy chorizo sausage in such a small quantity, so I had to use at least 12 oz of that as well. I ended up therefore adding two cups of water to the pot in addition to the chicken broth (since the pasta was not well-covered, with so much more vegetables and meat than expected), added 1/2 cup of cream instead of 1/4 cup, and 8 oz of grated cheese. The result was something like a chicken-sausage-vegetable-pasta stew in a very thin cheese sauce - not unlike I Wash You Dry's "Cheese Sausage and Macaroni Skillet", only with the extra yellow pepper and garlic, and chopped tomatoes instead of marinara sauce. It was very good, though that could just be because I was very hungry. Made 6 days worth of leftovers
Hanne 3 years ago
Just loved it and I can see me making this recipe regularly. Husband gave it a big thumbs up. It would be easy to expand if feeding a crowd.
Wanda Neufeld 3 years ago
Oh my goodness!!! This was incredible! Family loved it, and hubby went back for fourths. Will definitely be putting into a rotation.