- 2 teaspoons paprika (smoked or sweet $0.20)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.03)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper ($0.02)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano ($0.10)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme ($0.10)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt ($0.05)
- cracked pepper (freshly, 20-25 cranks of a pepper mill $0.05)
- 1 chicken breast (large, 3/4 lb $1.50)
- 1 tablespoon butter ($0.10)
- 1 green bell pepper ($0.85)
- 1 red bell pepper ($1.00)
- 1 yellow onion ($0.35)
- 15 ounces fire roasted tomatoes ($1.39)
- 1 ounce cream cheese ($0.25)
- 12 ounces fettuccine ($0.88)
- 3 whole green onions ($0.28)
PER SERVING *
|Calories310Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Alyssa W. 30 Sep
love this recipe, but i actually subbed the peppers out for spinach instead! it was fabulous
Aubri 28 Aug
I have made this several times now and it’s delicious!! My 3 and 5 year old daughters even eat it!! I use Cajun’s Choice Blackened Seasoning instead (a little less too so not so spicy for my kids)!
Hi, Gloria 28 Apr
It was great! I added baby spinach and it was very delicious.
Cortnee S. 22 Mar
delicious! I used spinach noodles and added mushrooms. yummy!!
Lynda 10 Feb
Will do it again for sure
David F. 31 Oct 2017
Was really good! I would add a little bit more cream cheese to it next time
Bart Rutherford Jr. 25 Sep 2017
This dish is simple and tasty. I substituted the cream cheese with heavy cream. I will definitely be making this again and soon.
Ghost Tooth 1 Sep 2017
Used a little more seasoning than suggested and did not regret it at all. Quick dinner dish great for two or a few meals.
Sade Green 27 Jul 2017
Good would definitely recommend need a little more seasoning to taste but overall a winner in are house.
Heidi Jordan 4 Jul 2017
My sons favorite! One of my favorite recipes to make.
Persy 20 Dec 2016
A new house favorite. Amazing! With extras for leftovers! We will absolutely make it again, maybe even this week.
Helen M. 15 May 2016
This has become a staple in our house. So delicious. I like it creamer so I add extra cream cheese to the sauce.
Sarah Piening 29 Mar 2016
This is amazing! I modified it slightly - didn't have cream cheese so used regular milk, added some butternut pumpkin in with the chicken. Turned out delicious. It's a meal I will be making again.