Cajun Baked SalmonYummly
If you enjoy cajun and creole cuisine, you will love the special blend of spices and herbs that coat this fast and easy cajun baked salmon.
- 4 Atlantic salmon fillets (5 oz each)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3Rinse the salmon filets under cool water. Gently pat them dry with paper towels, then place on the baking sheet, skin side down.
- 4Place the butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 seconds, or until melted.
- 5Place all the spices, sugar, salt, and pepper in the bowl with the butter. Stir with a fork until a thick paste forms.
- 6Using a spoon and clean hands, rub a scant teaspoon of the spice mixture evenly over the top of each salmon filet.
- 7Cut the lemon in half. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon evenly over the filets. Reserve the other half for serving.
- 8Transfer the baking sheet to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- 9Bake the salmon for 12-15 minutes on the middle rack of the oven, until it flakes easily with a fork.
- 10Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- 11Squeeze the juice of the reserved lemon half over the filets. Plate and serve immediately.