Cajun Baked Chicken WingsYummly
A homemade blend of cajun spices coats these oven baked chicken wings. A little bit smokey, little bit sweet, and a little bit of heat!
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- 2Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a roasting rack on top.
- 3Cover the roasting rack with another sheet of aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Use a fork to poke holes throughout the surface of the foil.
- 4Rinse the chicken wings under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- 5Place the chicken wings in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag. Drizzle the olive oil into the bag. Sprinkle in the salt.
- 6Seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken wings evenly with oil and salt.
- 7In a small bowl, whisk together the spices, sugar, and pepper.
- 8Sprinkle the spice mixture into the Ziploc bag.
- 9Seal the bag and shake until the chicken wings are evenly coated in the cajun spice rub.
- 10Arrange the chicken wings onto the foil-covered roasting rack.
- 11Transfer the baking sheet to the preheated oven.
- 12Bake the chicken wings for 45-50 minutes, until browned and crispy.
- 13Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- 14Allow the chicken wings to cool on the roasting rack for 3-4 minutes.
- 15Transfer the chicken wings to a plate and serve.