Add a little heat to your plate with this simple, Southern-inspired chicken breast recipe.
- 2 pounds skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, black pepper, dried thyme, cayenne, paprika and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Coat the chicken breasts in the spice mixture one by one, and place the chicken breasts on the sheet pan.
- Pour the olive oil over the chicken breasts, and insert the sheet pan into the oven. Bake the chicken breasts for 20 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven, and allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
|Calories310Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Anthony Blue 27 days ago
great, juicy and lots of flavor
Ben Kagan 10 Dec 2018
Excellent - simple, taste and healthy - served with microwaved zucchini
DerekBigCanoe 9 Dec 2018
delicious! would make again in a heartbeat!
Christian Williams 9 Dec 2018
Wonderful tastes amazing!!!
Melinda Ghita 27 Nov 2018
Great recipe and easy to make!
Tasya Ward 13 Nov 2018
I used chicken breast cutlets instead and it was just great. Great last moment meal. super easy
Joshua Meeks 6 Nov 2018
The spicy flavor was absolutly perfect. The main issue is while that was good, it was a burn with no flavor.
Brandie Lewis 30 Oct 2018
This turned out great. My boyfriend loved it. I did substitute avocado oil though.
Joas Laurent 13 Oct 2018
Taste great, salty spicy!
Jessica 2 Oct 2018
Really good, quick, a bit spicy but my husband loved it. Full of flavor
bravo 20 Sep 2018
Really good and easy to make. Will make again!!
Hussein A. 2 Sep 2018
Delicious. I liked the mix of spices
Michael Mills 20 Aug 2018
Loved it and so did the rest if the family!
ali 14 Aug 2018
Very good!! I will definitely make again
Janet C. 31 Jul 2018
Great! I will be making again
Keona G. 26 Jul 2018
Excellent! it was perfectly seasoned with just the right amount of kick. I will definitely make this again
Kisha 24 Jul 2018
It was good. Would make again
Sly Y 23 Jul 2018
would make it again!
Jeremy Wildeman 5 Jun 2018
It was good and would make it again.