Caesar SaladCasseroles et claviers
This simple caesar salad is only 500 calories, making it a great choice for lunch or dinner. The crunchy croutons and tender chicken work in perfect harmony with the crisp lettuce and creamy dressing for a balanced and healthy dish. You can enjoy this as a side dish for a pasta meal or eat it on its own for a light but filling meal.
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 eggs
- 180 milliliters olive oil
- 30 milliliters red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 baguette
- 1 head romaine lettuce (washed and drained)
- 50 grams anchovy fillets (in oil)
- 1 chicken breasts (cooked, cut into strips, optional)
- 1Cook the egg for 1 minute in boiling water. Let cool.
- 2In a bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and 1 clove of crushed garlic. Mix vigorously until the mixture is smooth. Add the egg, and beat again.
- 3Cut the baguette lengthwise, and rub each half with the remaining garlic clove. Then cut the baguette into cubes. In a pan, heat the olive oil with the garlic used for the bread. When the oil is hot and fragrant, remove the garlic, and brown the croutons. Stir regularly and remove from heat when golden.
- 4Put the cut lettuce leaves on the bottom of the bowl, then place on top the croutons, chopped anchovies, and the chicken. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve the sauce on the side.
PER SERVING *
|Calories500Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.