Cacio e PepeKitchenAid
- 1 pound Basic Egg Pasta Dough (quartered)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (finely)
- 125 milliliters grated romano cheese (finely)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper (finely)
- 2 1/2 cups pasta cooking water (divided, as needed)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (cubed)
- 1Attach Pasta Sheet Roller to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Set adjustment knob on roller at 1. Turn mixer to Speed 2. Feed one flattened piece of dough into rollers to knead. Fold dough in half and roll again. Repeat folding and kneading process several times, or until dough is smooth and pliable. Lightly dust pasta with flour while rolling, if needed, to aid in drying and separation. Knead and fold each piece of dough in same manner.
- 2Move adjustment knob to setting 2. Feed dough through rollers to further flatten. Change to setting 3 and feed dough through rollers again. Change to setting 4; feed dough through twice. Repeat with remaining dough. Stop mixer.
- 3Exchange Pasta Sheet Roller for Spaghetti Cutter attachment. Turn mixer to Speed 4. Feed flattened pasta sheets through cutter. Carefully arrange pasta on Pasta Drying Rack.
- 4While pasta dries, bring 4 quarts water to a boil in large pot; season generously with salt. Add pasta and cook 3 minutes or until al dente.
- 5Meanwhile, combine cheeses and pepper with ½ cup pasta water in large bowl to form a paste.
- 6Add butter and cooked pasta to bowl directly from hot water. Toss constantly with tongs, adding additional 2 cups pasta water (more or less as needed) until cheese is melted and sauce lightly coats pasta.
PER SERVING *
|Calories470Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.