If your sweet tooth is calling and you want to answer it with a delicious and decadent dessert that is out of this world, then this recipe for Cabbage and Potato Cake is the treat you have been searching for. This dessert will melt in your mouth and leave you guests wanting more. This dessert is best served with a tall glass of ice cold milk. You will fall head over heals for this one.
- 1 cabbage (medium)
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 onions (medium)
- 1 slice bacon
- 3 slices black sausage (white and)
- ground black pepper
- Peel potatoes.
- Chop potatoes and cabbage.
- Cook cabbage and potato in plenty of boiling water for 30- 40 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Sauté finely diced onion and bacon in a large skillet until onion is translucent.
- Add cabbage and potatoes to the pan and stir, so that excess water evaporates and potatoes become puree.
- Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the water has evaporated, leave in the pan as if to form a disc.
- Invert on a plate and let toast a little on the other side.
- Serve with lightly sautéed black and white Catalan sausage.