This raw cabbage slaw includes grated carrots and thinly sliced onion for a hit of bright color and earthy sweetness. The dressing is a healthier alternative to mayonnaise based ones. It's make with plain Greek yogurt, fresh lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil, and more olive oil is drizzled over the vegetables as well. Toss the slaw with the dressing just before serving as a fast, fresh, and flavorful side dish.
- 1/4 cabbage (heart, or white cabbage)
- 2 carrots
- 1 onions
- olive oil (to taste)
- 1 greek yogurt
- salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- balsamic vinegar (to taste)
- For the salad, julienne cabbage, grate carrot and cut the onion in thin slices.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- For the dressing, mix yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and season with salt, to taste.
- To serve, toss salad with dressing and serve immediately.