- 50 grams raisins
- 350 grams red cabbage
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 50 grams olive oil
- 1 apple (peeled and cored)
- 100 grams water
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 sheets puff pastry (1 package)
- 1 egg
- Soak the raisins in a glass of water. Cut the apple into cubes and reserve. Chop red cabbage coarsely and cook in salted boiling water until al dente (about 20 minutes). 5 minutes before finishing, add the apples. Remove from heat, drain, cut into smaller pieces (this will make filling easier later) and set aside.
- Mince garlic, put a drizzling of olive oil in a deep skillet or casserole, heat it and add the sliced garlic. Fry until golden brown. Add cabbage, apples and raisins well drained, and saute a few minutes. Salt to taste, some pepper, and let it cool. Crush slightly with a wooden spoon to make a paste before filling.
- Extend the pastry sheets and cut into strips approximately 4 cm width (from each sheet rectangular sheet, I got 4 strips). With a pastry bag with round tip, or a teaspoon, place cabbage paste along each strip of pastry.
- Close each strip with your fingers (you can use a little water to seal better, but it is not required) to form a sort of long cannelloni. Build a spiral with the rolls you've prepared, pressing dough lightly with your fingers to seal the edges. It sounds complicated but it does not take more than 10 minutes.
- Egg wash and bake 15 minutes in preheated oven at 200 ºC (400 ºF) and enjoy!
PER SERVING *
|Calories900Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat550|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.